Friday, February 23, 2007

WHOOPIE

so back in the spring i finally got up the courage to send copies of a worship service that i wrote to my denomination's publishing house. it wasn't the best timing since they were putting the final touches on a new hymnal which included a new worship setting for palm sunday (which is what mine is, though VERY different.)

i received a response from them in june saying that they had received it, but that it might take 3+ months for them to make a decision. i decided today that i would write to them and ask what the status was on my submission and got a response back within a few hours.

it's been sitting on the desk of the person who received it since june. she's looked at it 3 times knowing that they can't publish it right now because of the new hymnal, BUT... they are about to start the process of putting together a new on-line resource. each time she has thought about what i wrote she sees it as being a good fit and wants to hold onto it...

AND wants to put my name on a list of people who might advise or contribute to the new resource!!!

so i think i will continue to wait, keep my fingers crossed, and be excited about this new-even better possibility!

God's peace y'all

3 comments:

Oscar Vibenius said...

Congrats! I can't think of anyone better.

p.s. just got back from the MALSM Social and Service Overnight where I got a few ideas as far as worship goes. We gotta talk before I come home!

BostonPobble said...

Have I written you back about this yet? Let me know. I'm a wee bit distracted right now.

dondon009 said...

Congratulations..... I will keep my fingers crossed also!

DON~

"and vivian followed."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket