Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the definition of irony

yesterday was a particularly low day for me and last night I let it out: crying, screaming, yelling at God. hubby held me and let me get it out then promised it would be ok. when i finally was able to settle down, before letting me go to sleep he told me to come with him: “none of that stuff matters,” he told me. “let me show you what matters.” he took my hand, led me through the short hallway to the kids’ room and opened the door.

“this is what matters.” he turned the hall light on so I could see my sleeping children. i peaked at the silent sleeping prince and then went to pull the covers back over the princess kitty only to discover that she had thrown up all over the bed.

yes, vomit is what really matters.

it was so ironic that all i could do was laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

4 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

Truth is wonderful isn't it!

STB

will smama said...

Wow, this must have been going around last night.

You are a great Mom.

see-through faith said...

oh my!

but I had to laugh too.

Thank God you could too!

CatNFiddle said...

It's stories like that, vomit aside, that remind me how much I adore your husband. He is a man worthy of having you for a wife. Please give him a hug from me!

"and vivian followed."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket