Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I GOT SPOONS!!!

when hubby and i registered for our flatware over 11 years ago we picked a set that was higher in quality on purpose. i expected that we would never own a set of actual silver (until my parents and uncle suprised us on our 10th anniversary with my grandmother's set). i wanted something that i could put out with the china and use every day.

we picked a simple, but elegant pattern, but then discovered that we couldn't register for a slotted serving spoon. for 11 years i have been without a slotted spoon and somehow our teaspoon numbers dwindled from 12 to 4. now how you lose spoons i don't know, but they have disappeared like socks in the dryer.

so, for christmas hubby's family does a pollyanna. my mother-in-law organizes it and our rule is that she and the grandchildren don't participate, only the siblings and spouses. when she asked for ideas for me to give my pollyanna i went to oneida.com and looked up my pattern and low and behold... there was a slotted spoon.
i wanted it! i needed it! 11 years without one and i was this close to having a dream come true.
and guess what. i got 4 new teaspoons and my slotted spoon from my wonderful sister-in-law!!!
sometimes dreams do come true.
christmas and new years were wonderful, but i am too tired to say anymore at the moment. i still have to read with the princess kitty and pack lunches for the kids for tomorrow because it is back to school tomorrow! hey, another dream come true!
God's peace y'all!

2 comments:

LRNs said...

the Sheriff has said he'll cut out Robin Hood's heart with a spoon

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?

Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

BostonPobble said...

SPOONS! YAY! And now I can stop feeling guilty. ;)

And lrns ~ anyone who quote Alan Rickman saying *anything* from *any* role is aces in my book.

"and vivian followed."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket