Monday, March 26, 2007

do i offend?

i arrive at work, put down my things and my secretary says, "want a good laugh?"

well, of course i do, "i could use a laugh... tell me."

prior to my arrival she had taken a phone call from a local business owner who was calling all the churches in town. she had just recently moved her little shop to a small shopping center next to the local tatoo parlor. (and yes, i have been considering going there for the next tat... even have a business card for one of the artists.)

now this woman is what i might call a jesus freak. at christmas time she had a sign outside her other shop that said, "Merry CHRISTmas... Put the Christ back in Christmas." and now that it is fast approaching easter she has a, "Honk Twice for Jesus." sign in front of her new shop.

so, the owners of the tat parlor approached her and told her she had to take down her sign.

"i'm not taking down my sign." she tells them.

"it is offending our clients," they tell her, "who are satanists."

"i'm not taking down my sign." she tells them again.

"there will be repercussions."

so she called all the local churches and asked them to have their members drive by her store and honk twice.

i laughed out loud, with my jaw gaping... and then i went on a tirade.

we live in a pluralistic society. not everyone has to be christian. and yet... instead of us being more tolerant of others we've become more intolerant! i really don't care if some (you-know-what) satanists are offended by jesus!!!

*sigh*

God's peace y'all and don't forget to honk twice for jesus.

3 comments:

BostonPobble said...

You know I could go on a rant here about freedom of speech. Instead, I will just say


HONK HONK

and let the Satanists freak out because the Pagan is honking for Jesus.

Jody Harrington said...

~HONK HONK~

LRNs said...

I suppose I should note that I am all for pluralism as long as it doesn't come in the form of hate. I'm not sure I could ever respect a Satanist. But then there are plenty of people who pervert Christ...They can kiss my ass too! But then I look deep down inside and remind myself something you taught me dear sister...

I love all of God's creatures, no matter how F'ed up they are!

"and vivian followed."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket