Monday, May 07, 2007

tranquility


sunday the princess kitty and i took some time to clean off my porch. she had an ulterior motive, she wanted the other half of the space for a play room / club house. i still have a pile of papers on my desk that need to be filed away either in a file or the trash, but the space is ready for actual use. it's a three season room; way too cold in the winter to spend any time on and there aren't any outlets so i have to drag an extension cord out to turn the lamp on, but i like the candlelight at night and the tranquility of the space when i have it to myself.
i'm the kind of person who needs her own space which is strange for an extrovert. extroverts get their energy from others, but i need time for just me to process it. now that the winter feels like it is finally over the porch becomes my me space... a place to find a different kind of energy. i've begun to light a single white candle that the pobble gave me for christmas every time i go out there. my plants have begun their journey out of the kitchen and back onto the porch, though now i'm wondering if i want to take them all out of the kitchen. i've grown accustomed to them there. maybe i can grow some herbs for the windowsills to keep the green in the kitchen.
it's all helping to add a peace back to my life i've missed and didn't even realize.
God's peace y'all

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

Blessed Be, Lovely Cats.

"and vivian followed."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket